Thursday, June 9, 2011

Photo into abstract design

As you probably know, I love to experiment with design and color, and the computer is the perfect medium for creative endeavors.

Shoes1
I posted a few photographs of shoes on my other blog and I will use this one for my demonstration.

Shoes2
I first decided to add a few orange areas to the composition.

Shoes3
Then I added the dark yellow and blue colors. I decided to add a white circle and the oval in the blue. I also made the shoe areas a solid black and changed the shape of the top of the right shoe.

Shoes4
I didn't like the spoon type shape in the blue, so I changed that. I added a purple color to the design as well as another circle shape. Then a couple of colors on the lower and right borders, finishing the design. I didn't really have anything specific in mind when I began, I just used the basic shapes of the shoes as my starting point.

No comments: