Thursday, May 21, 2009

Some photo experiments

Photography is a great medium for experimentation. One can take very unusually composed or lit scenes or photographs can be digitally altered to create interesting and striking compositions.

AltPhoto1
This is a photograph of the kitchen in the apartment I used to have in New York. It was dusk and I only had the kitchen lights on which resulted in a very unusual photo.

AltPhoto2
A New York street scene which I elongated and added an orange sky for drama.

AltPhoto3
A Chicago scene to which I added black areas creating a weird image.

AltPhoto4
Another Chicago scene to which I added black, white and some color areas.

AltPhoto5
A photo taken in Paris to which some flat color areas were added. Even rather mundane scenes can be made quite interesting with digital alterations.

No comments: