Saturday, December 12, 2009

Comic Book Cover Parodies book

For the last few years I've been working on a series of comic book cover parodies. I've submitted the idea to a couple of book publishers and was turned down. I still think that the idea has merit and may self-publish the book.

ComCovBk
Here is a proposed cover which I think works pretty well and below are a few of the covers, I have done well over one hundred of these which are a result of me being a frustrated comic book artist. As a kid, I always intended to be a comic book artist, my high school art teacher steered me into the commercial and fine arts fields.

Air 8a

Insurgent

Coconut

BirdFlu
These covers were all created on the computer using the Photoshop program. I also sell these through my gallery as 13 x 19" limited edition prints. A few of these are on display at the Craig Smith Gallery in Harbert, Michigan.

No comments: