Tuesday, December 1, 2009

More graphic design work

Here is another promotion brochure that I designed to show off some of the paintings in my new series.

HBPromo
I usually do a small sketch of what I have in mind and use this as a basis for the final design which I create on a Mac G4 computer.

PaintingsBro copy 2
Above is the finished cover. Craig Smith, of the Craig Smith Gallery in Harbert, Michigan, has this particular painting displayed in the Soe Cafe in Sawyer, my home town. Many residents of Chicago have second homes in our area and having paintings displayed in a popular restaurant gives my work a lot of exposure. Craig also has many of my paintings and sculpture on display at Port 412, another popular restaurant that is located in nearby in St. Joseph.

PaintingsBro copy
The rear cover and below, the inside spread.
PaintingBro Int copy

Brochures like this can be given to potential buyers, art centers and museums. I always make sure that Craig has a lot of then avaiable in his gallery. It's essential that artists promote themselves whether they are in the fine art or commercial fields.

2 comments:

Carol Cooper said...

Hi Harry, Yes, you are so right about the importance of self-promotion, and your brochure is awesome (your art is brilliant) That is quite an accomplishment completing your series of 12 paintings, congratulations! I am still frustrated with my web hosting problems, guess I just have to fire them and move on to a new provider in the new year. Take care!

Harry Borgman said...

Hi Carol,
WOW, thanks for your kind comments. I'll be starting the twelfth painting today, I'm planning to do about twenty of them. People are responding very well to my new work which pleases me.
Harry