Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Comic book cover parodies

As a kid I was determined to become a comic book artist. My high school teacher, Margaret Stein, steered me into the commercial and fine arts fields. So, at this late stage in my life I can't get the idea out of my system and have done a series of comic book cover parodies. These are done on the computer and I sell them as limited edition fine art prints. Naturally I am having a great time creating these prints.

FineArtsComics15

FineArtsComics20

FineArtsComics40
A cartoon portrait that I drew of Gloria, it took her a while to get used to it.

FineArtsComics54

ArtMancovFinalB+W copy
I generally do an ink line drawing first, then add the type and color on the computer.

ArtManPromoINTfinal 2 copy
The final version which was colored using Photoshop Elements 2.0. This is my latest cover, one of over 100 of them so far. I'm trying to interest publishers to print a book of these covers and may also approach print and poster publishers as well.

No comments: