Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A few more comic book parodies

Adventurous
This ink drawing was originally done as part of a series of prints illustrating stories by Edgar Rice Burroughs that I used to sell at comic book conventions. This particular illustration was for The Land of Hidden Men, originally titled Jungle Girl. The art was rendered on Whatman's hot pressed illustration board using a crowquill pen. For this cover I scanned the art into my computer where the color and type was added.

BirdFlu
In this illustration I combined my art with a few old engravings that I found. This is quite easy to do on the computer.

Insurgent
This illustration , minus the aircraft and dollar bills, was originally done for my book Drawing in Ink. It was part of a series demonstrating various brush ink drawing styles. Again, for this cover, the art was scanned into the computer where all the other elements were added.

No comments: