Saturday, August 22, 2009

More comic book cover parodies with aircraft

I have always been crazy for airplanes. I was an avid model builder when I was a kid and also did a lot of aircraft drawings at an early age. These are more examples of my limited edition series of comic book parody prints.

WarSkies
This was actually a sample illustration I did for my New York reps to show to art directors at book and paperback publishers. It was painted in acrylics on Whatman hot pressed illustration board.

TimeWarp

These two covers were first drawn in ink, then scanned into the computer where the color and type were added. At an early age I was determined to be a comic book artist but my high school art teacher, Margaret Stein, steered me into the commercial and fine arts fields. I still have that old yearning which is probably why I create these covers.

Sky

No comments: