Thursday, January 15, 2009

Art unique to the computer

There are countless ways that that art can be created on the computer. Working in this medium for a few years got me thinking about what I would term "the art technique most natural for the computer". It would most likely be something that would be difficult to do in the traditional mediums yet accomplished with relative ease on the computer. The images below are the technique I arrived at. While these images would be possible to mimic in more traditional mediums they would certainly be a tedious chore.

CA 1
CA 2

These images are a combination of art and the collage technique. Some of the pieces in these studies are actually sections of other digital images that were done previously. I didn't do any preliminary sketches or other planning before starting these renderings.

CA 3
CA 4
CA 5

This is a fun technique to explore as you are working with color, design as well as your own imagination. I used Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 to create all of these images. I'll show you a few more on Saturday's post. Incidentally, I post on this blog every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. On my other blog, HARRY BORGMAN ART, I post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

No comments: