Thursday, April 9, 2009

Digital figure studies for paintings

Over the years I have done a number of digital experiments including many abstract figure studies. Craig Smith, my gallery owner, as well as a number of other people, have encouraged me to use these images as sketches for larger acrylic paintings. I am considering doing such a series, it could be a very interesting project. I would not merely duplicate the images, but use them as a starting point. Here are some of the images that I am thinking about using as a basis for the paintings.

NewFig 20
I had fun doing these color studies of abstract figures. This particular image would make an interesting starting point for a painting as the colors work very well together.

NewFig 17

NewFig 16

NewFig 23
Any the above digital studies would be an interesting basis for abstract figure paintings. This demonstrates how one medium can be used as a basis for work done in another medium. The computer is is an exceptional tool for creating interesting color studies.

1 comment:

Carol Cooper said...

I agree! All of the works above would be fantastic as large paintings. Congrats on your upcoming exhibition Harry!