Saturday, April 25, 2009

Simple cartoon heads created on the computer

The computer is a great creative tool as well as being a lot of fun once you get used to working with it. Frequently I experiment to see what I can come up with. Here I have created a couple of cartoon heads using only the Line Tool and parts of a typeface.

Heads 1
I begin by doing some simple shapes with the Line Tool.

Heads 2
Then I add a couple of letter "O"s for the eyes and the hair. A large "O" which was cut in half was used for the lady's hair and a smaller "O" for the bun. Her eye is composed of a stretched "O" with lines added for the lashes.

Heads 3
Next I added the eyes and mouths, finishing them off.

Heads 3A
Here is one color version, I could try several more very easily.

Heads 4
A change of expressions by altering the mouths and his eyebrow.

Heads 5
Another change of expression. Try this and see what you can come up with, it's great fun and will help you develop your computer skills.

No comments: