Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Digital sketches for a new painting

I'm working on a group of paintings based on sketches created on the computer. This is a fun project and this is the sixth in the new series.

Nude 1
My first version of the abstract figure.

Nude2
In this second version the blue color was added which to me made the design more interesting.

Nude3
I began the painting based on the second sketch.

Nude4
The painting is not quite finished at this stage but I like the direction it's going in. I may keep it more subtle than the original sketches, it is more interesting to me at this stage. I've stopped painting for a couple of days to let this all sink in. When I am not sure about the direction a painting is taking I find that it's a good idea to get away from it for a spell before proceeding any further.

No comments: