Thursday, December 18, 2008

The computer is a perfect medium for creating photomontages

photMont 14

BLOOMS
Photomontages are fun to create and fairly easy to do on the computer. This example was put together using only two photos. The background was a photo taken in New Mexico and the flowers were photographed in my home.

PhotoMont 9

KING OF TOMATO BEACH
This one was composed of five different photos, The backgrounds were shot in Mexico and the statue and tent were taken in Lucca, Italy. It helps to have a good backlog of interesting material to choose from.

PhotMont 15

CLOUDS AND EGGS
Another New Mexican background combined with two photos taken out of an airplane window.

PhotMont 16

RESTING BIRD
The background was shot in a furniture store in Milan, Italy. The birds were photographed outside my home. The foreground bird had hit my studio window and I quickly photographed it before it revived and flew off. These images are all printed on 13 X 19" archival paper using pigmented inks.

PhotoMont 8

I've shown my photomontages in galleries, art centers and museums, these are a couple of posters that I designed for these exhibitions. The above background photo was taken in a Paris hotel room. I believe that the shot below was taken in Lucca, Italy. The background sky and water was photographed at a beach near my home.

PhotMont 18

No comments: