Thursday, June 11, 2009

Computer sketches for acrylic paintings

I've done a great deal of experimenting with digital images. Some of these have been exhibited as limited edition prints in galleries and art centers. Craig Smith, who represents me in his gallery, art critics and others have suggested that I do some large scale acrylic paintings based on these digital images. An Executive Director of a nearby museum came over to view some of my work recently and showed enough interest in these images to offer me an exhibition when I have a few of these paintings completed, an exciting prospect ! Below are few digital sketches which I have been working on.

NewFigs1
This is an interesting project, a merging of digital art and painting.

NewFigs2

NewFigs3
I have done a whole series of digital abstract figure studies which also could be used as a basis for acrylic paintings.

NewPtg8A
Here is a digital color study that I did a few days ago and have started doing a painting based on it. A very exiting project. I will let you know how it all turns out.

No comments: