Saturday, October 17, 2009

Another paintimg in my new series

R0011172
A few days ago I began another painting in my new series of works based on computer sketches and experiments. I started by first sketching the drawing on a 30 x 30" canvas. Using a proportion wheel helped me scale up the computer sketch accurately. Then I began painting in the background color. The color turned out to be too red, so I repainted it a lighter value orange tone.

R0011199
Following my computer sketch I paint in some of the other shapes.

R0011204
As I progress I change some of the color values. I don't actually copy my sketch, using it only as a basic guide, often deviating quite a bit from it.

R0011206
I have the colors pretty well established at this point. Often, at various stages, I will stop working and get away from the painting, coming back to it later with a fresh eye.

R0011208
The finished painting which I titled THE TENTH MUSE.

No comments: