Thursday, October 8, 2009

Progression of my latest painting

On my September 29th post I began a new painting based on my computer sketches. Here are the various stages that I went through before completing it.

NP1
I last showed the painting with the first overall color background painted in. Through the paint I can still see the drawing that I did originally.

NP2
There's Laura off to the side watching me at work.

NP3
I start to add color and fill in the various shapes.

NP4
I continue to add and change colors as the painting starts to come together.

NP6
The finished painting is titled NUDE THINKING ABOUT GETTING DRESSED. I went through many changes of colors and values before the painting was finished. I don't just copy my computer sketches when painting these images, but only use them as a starting point. This is the ninth painting in this series.

No comments: