Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dinner party poster

Nov14PosterSketches
Craig is having another invitational dinner party in November and I did a couple of sketches hoping to design an interesting poster for the event. These sketches were done while having lunch at my favorite restaurant in Sawyer, Soe Cafe. You'll have to try it if you are ever in Southwest Michigan, it's just off of I-94 on the Red Arrow Highway. You should also visit the Craig Smith Gallery, also on the same highway in Harbert, the next town over from Sawyer.

CSposter Nov 14, 09Final
Here is the final poster which was done on the computer. I photographed the brush, wine glass and fork with a digital camera, outlined the images and assembled them on the computer using Photoshop Elements 2.0

Nov14Poster189
I decided to try another poster design in case he wants to show an image of one of my new paintings which he is featuring in the gallery. My experience in the ad biz comes in handy for Craig's promotions.

CSNov14Pty copy
Above is the finished invitation, I'm not sure which one he'll finally decide to use. He'll probably use both of them.

No comments: