Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cropping photos

Using the computer and Photoshop anyone can recrop or add more area to their photographs. Here are a few examples of what can be done.

Phot1
While this photo is an interesting scene I felt it could make two interesting photos if it were recropped.

Phot2
I decided to create one photo of the section with just the people.

Phot3
Then I cropped the photo showing only the trees for the other version.

Phot5

This photo of the interior of a Mexican hotel lobby became more interesting when I added more dark area to the lower section.

Phot6jpg

Phot4
Here is a shot of Gloria on the beach, I made a vertical composition by tightly cropping the photo which I though was more interesting. With Photoshop you also have a certain amount of control over the color and tone values in your photos.

No comments: